Airborne Willie

I was scrolling through my BlackFive feed about a week ago it felt, and stumbled across an article on Airborne Willie: this man showed up at an Obama rally covered in more medals than any person could HOPE to achieve unless you're Chesty Puller.

The debate going on was whether or not the man was a Glory Thief, crazy, or just a little eccentrically overzealous about our soldiers and Obama. I decided on Eccentric. It's the
weird that make the world go round, ya know?

The other day I was at the Reilly entrance to Fort Bragg, doin my Gate Guard thing, when who shows up but Mister Willie himself. (He's one of those people who stops 20 ft from the gate while they look for their ID, btw.) He pulled up and I recognized him (easy, still wearing his Airborne Willie nametapes!) I told him he was famous, and asked to take a photo of him. TADA! He couldn't find his ID, so I had to turn him around. I really wanted to see that ID though! I told him he needed to find it and come back to my gate! I waited all day but he never came back.

- From WeyrCat's Treo...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect