081111 Pope AF Gym

In today's Fayetteville Observer:
An 8yr old boy in AZ is charged with shooting his father to death.
2 Monks arrested in Jerusalem for brawling in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

While the 8yrOld boy article is tragic, Ultimate Fighter: Monk Edition?! Awesome. I wanted to post more on it but someone took the paper at work and I never got it back. I do these posts in spurts, you know.

Caps collected at work:
Dr Pepper: 5 (no UWIN).
Coke Caps: 3+5.

I didn't think I was going to get to work out today, as I didn't get to go this morning. I managed to talk Hubby into tryin to get to the Pope Gym with me, when he lost the car keys in the fridge for two hours and could not go while I was at work :D I had tried to go my myself when he was on Staff Duty, but couldn't find it! We called a friend of his to get the wherabouts.

The gym wasn't that bad. In fact it was kinda neat. The weight rooms and the Cardio rooms are seperate, and not only are there a few big TVs on the wall, but there are Screens attached to the treadmills! Each had their own channel volume button (tho I could get no volume and see no headphone jack). I started out out at 5.0, gearing for 15 mins (my calves and feet were killing me from work.) I found the Guide channel by accident, which happened to be scrolling over AMC at the time. "Pearl Harbor": I can do that! Scrolled over to just where the Japanese were starting their attack. My legs and feet adjusted, and watching the attack was strangely motivating, so I completed 25min, @5.2 (after15min), for 2.1mi. (Must not have been enough speed to add real distance.) By the time I completed that 25m the attack was just finishing. Granted there were commercials, but HOLY Cow what a long attack!

I wandered down the hallways trying to find the Weight Room, and found a TreadWall (scrolling Rock Climb wall for a never ending climb!) There's a Family room, with Treads, bikes, Ellips, and some ~Age2 play equip/toys. There is a Massage parlor, Juice Bar, and finally the Weight Room. It turns out there's ONE Tread in the Weight Room, so I could go there if I had my iPod and wanted to watch the Hubby pump some Iron. I do love watching him workout. God he's gorgeous...

I did that til he completed his sets and out we went. We took a nice long drive and finally made it back to the house around 11. We hung out with the Lopezes, trading Tequila Rose shots for Patron Citron shots. No one really liked the Citron, and Hubby didn't drink at all. I got a bit buzzed, which I normally don't like. I managed to make the most of the night.

:)

- From WeyrCat's Treo...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect