Felt like I got 99%, got 87%. ...??


So... I got a B+ in Biological Principles. I missed an A in Biological Principles by 4 points. 356/360.

I'm actually a little blindsided because I came out of the final exam feeling like I did 100%. I identified one I missed, but still felt I was getting almost a perfect score. I knew everything. I blazed through the test and was sure I was going to be at the top of the "honor roll" (list of highest grades on the exam). I got 91/105, an 87%. I actually cried! How can I feel like I did so well, and get a B? How can I get three A's in a class, and one B, and get a B overall?
Shane thinks I'm crazy, but I'm disappointed in the whole semester. To put EVERYTHING into something to only get a B+. I brought my notecards to my husband's brother's memorial service. For a B.
3/4 exams I felt I nailed it, and didn't do close to what I thought I did. So, I'd study more. Steal time at work to study more. Stay up later. Normally I do about as well as I feel I did, except here. You either know the material or you don't, and I KNEW it! Not 87% knew it, I thought I had a 99%! I just don't understand, and I'll never get to because I can't go see what I did wrong. I can't see where I lost FOURTEEN POINTS. My husband is proud of me, and I'm a lighter shade of devastated.

Comments

  1. I'm proud of you, too. And I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

    One credo I have tried (although not always successfully) to live by is ....

    Thou shalt not be thyself up. Too many people waiting in line to do it for you.
    You did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beth: I like that credo. I may have to steal it from you :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect