10/21 Movies, WoW, Recipes.

Recipes @ Bottom:
Breakfast: Bacon Cheddar Whole Wheat Scones.
Dinner: Scallops & Roasted Salad, Roasted Sugar Dumpling Squash.

Last night I watched The Mission. A 'Based on True Story' with Young Jeremy Irons (rawr!), Robert Deniro(sp?), and even Liam Neeson! Great movie. A little tragic, but very moving. Violins & Swords! Glee!

(WoW) Also farmed up my Deviate Hatching in the 17th run (Glee!) Found a Takk Hatching (omg Glee!), and another Razormaw Hatchling (gleeeee!). I can now justify selling the double hatching to buy the one I'm missing. Think I'll leave toons on the nests, to farm up more. Maybe I can make enough to buy other's I'm missing.
Oh, did I mention I got Green Wing Macaw (defias mines)? Can't believe I didn't have it. Third run.

Today, we watched "The Book of Eli" which was fantastic. Really enjoyed it. Go rent it!!

Recipes:

Bacon Chedar Scones (var Taste of Home, unknown issue)
Makes 8

1,3/4 c flour (I use whole wheat)
2,1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 tbsp cold butter
2 eggs
1/3c 2% milk
1/2c chopped onion
1/c shredded cheese
3 strips turkey bacon, cooked & crumbled.

Preheat 350
Combine first 5, cutting butter in so mixture resembles crumbles. Seperately, beat eggs into milk, add to dry ingredients and mix only til moist. Fold in onion, cheese, bacon.
Putting dough on greased baking sheet, slice into 8 pieces but don't seperate them.
Bake 25-30min til toothpick comes out clean.
---

Roast Sugar Dumpling (var WholeLiving Oct2010)
Makes 4

-Preheat 400°.
-Halve and seed 1 small pumpkin (such as sugar). Drizzle with 2tbsp EV Olive oil, season with 3/4 tsp Salt & 1/2 tsp pepper. Face down, 30 minutes.
-Remove pumpkin, cut in half again (now quartered), dust with ground thyme.
-Bake about 7 minutes.
------------

Roasted Salad- makes4

2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 pint fresh mushrooms, whole, quartered.
Garlic powder
olive oil
4cups Baby spinach

-Preheat 400.
-Drizzle 13x9 with oil, add tomatoes & roll til covered. Dust with garlic powder to taste.
-Bake 20min.

-In seperate oiled pan, add quartered mushrooms, roll to coat, bake at 400 for 7mins.

-Serve both over half cup of baby spinach, drizzled with oil.

*No recipe for the scallops, I just toss them in a seasoned iron pan, cover for 10 mins. Pepper & serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect