10/07 Well it started crappy, but I'm content.

I went to bed early last night (0500 this morning) since I couldn't sleep well the night before. Around 0600 I awoke to Hubby's alarm: he killed it, kissed me, and I dozed back off. At 0730 I awoke to him ringing the doorbell furiously as my phone vibrated viciously from the nightstand. He'd accidently left his keys on the hook when he left the house and locked the knob behind him. At 1130 though, I was truly aggitated...

I heard the doorbell but didn't believe it until Rook jumped out of bed and barked (something she only does to warn me.) I wandered to the door, set the chain as we have no peephole, and looked out "Can I help you?" I squinted through the sunlight, my unwashed hair over the eye peeking through the crack. I'm sure my pink pajama pants were visible. A young Hispanic man and an older white woman (of which I could only see her thin hand pinching a business card and her gold-painted name-tag). "Yes," she says, "is Mrs. Hay home?" I blink and tell her "There's no Hay here: this is the Kepley residence. Try next door." That, apparently, did not compute. I expected the usual "sorry, have a nice day" and instead the woman, in a tone of almost indignation, replied "Well she told me to meet her here and knock on [this house number]." I had to smile to repress what I truly wanted to say and just repeated "Well she doesn't live here. Have a nice day." I promptly shut the door.

I mean really...? You've obviously dragged me out of bed, and then what? Assert that EYE must be lying or mistaken? Its impossible Mrs. Hay lied to you, or GASP you have the right house number but the WRONG STREET. No: surely the resident is harboring her, a fugitive from your ugly tan nail polish. Didn't the "You can try the neighbors" clue you in that I had no idea who Mrs. Hay is? The nerve of some people. I need a sign over the doorbell that reads "If you ring before noon, and are not the postman, I will let my dog at you." So what if she doesn't know she's a lab: maybe they drown really easy.

The neighbor's yappy dog then kept me up another 15 minutes. I thought briefly of poisoning it.

Finally, I slept the rest of my 'night', husband even extending the alarm til 1400 to help make up the broken sleep.

We went to the gym, I ran/walked. Ran 1, walked 1, ran another 0.5. Combined 0.5 for warm up/CD.

Made simple turkey sausage and red cabbage (from a jar) for dinner, with our usual episode of NCIS. I even got in a wintersaber run & ZG mount run on WoW.

At work I've had a quiet night dissecting one of the Whole Living mags that came yesterday, and going through FlyLady.net. I need to revamp my decluttering: moving desks is teaching me just how broken my "filing system" really is.

So, though there was a shaky beginning, the day has panned out nicely. (smiling).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect