My Second Anniversary!

Today I woke up to the sight of a dozen roses on the coffee table. <3, this is actually the view from the bedroom door. I had to work overnight, so we connected via phone to wish each other a 'Congrats, you survived me this long' at midnight. He had tricked me, that evil thing! I came home and the house was a total WRECK! I'd asked him to do the dishes, but the kitchen looked like something exploded. I went to bed grumpy (not looking forward to cleaning the house on my anniversary) and tired (yesterday at work being trying enough: the guards aren't the bad-guys, the guards have to enforce the RESIDENTS as well. Hmph.)

When I woke up, not only was the house spotless, but those roses were on the table, and he offered me three different breakfasts! I chowed down on stuffed clamshells a breakfast beer (reserved for special occasions). We had a fairly normal afternoon (I wake at 1400) and set reservations down for Melting Pot! I wore the dress he bought me before our first anniversary, an embroidered lavender halter that I adore!

The dinner was magnificent! I have not had another that was so FUN to eat! I did manage to burn myself several times, but he didn't marry me for my grace. They had a special "Big Night Out" going on, and we ordered that. Lobster, ahi, steak, porkloin, chicken, lime-citrus shrimp, potatoes, mushrooms, omg it goes on and on. The first course of bread, fruit, and cheese dipping sauce was fantastic. That horseradish really gets you after a minute! The salad was actually three open face spring rolls! Dessert was (according to special request) dark chocolate with Chambord. Ab...solutely... delicious. My husband gave me the whole piece of cheesecake, and COVERED it in the raspberry-dark chocolate. He actually 'spackled' the sides! I waddled out of there one fat, happy, wife.

We spend the rest of the night hanging out, though while he fought off insulin-induced-coma to finish an English paper, I'm pretty sure I was racked out on the couch, with the dog, for two hours. He woke me up so I could put him to bed, and here I sit. Married two years, and happier for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect