12 hrs in a running car w/o A.C, in FL.

So the kid who worked Patrol last night was either a moron, or feigned being one so he'd never have to sub for patrol again. Either way I hope he never does.

He waited until none hours in to his twelve hour shift, that is: until two a.m., to announce the vehicle was out of gas. He claimed to not know how to fll it up. Being at the gatehouse I gave him the instructions given to me. When he claimed to not know his PIN, I gave him mine. He left, and ten minutes called me from the gas station claiming it wasn't working. I had yet to fill the vehicle and so couldn't be much help. He kept claiming he needed "two more numbers". I referred him to North Gate. Apparently that didn't work either so he returned to site with three bars (approximately thirty percent) of gas. I told him to take it easy, sit in Cul de Sacs once he was finished with checks, and I would take care of it tomorrow when Lt gave me instructions. (I later had to help him fax his end of shift reports.)

When Lt came in to relieve me at the gate I informed her of the vehicle's status. She was very upset, claiming he'd done plenty of patrols and filled it up plenty of times, and she's tired of him "playing stupid." She informed me of the procedure and gave me her PIN, should mine not work.

When I came in at 1700 I went to go fill it, the young man from the night before now at the gate and telling me the card is locked. Having few other options I went to go try anyway. Indeed, the card is locked. I called Lt and was informed the Area Manager could not come to fix the card until 0200. I was instructed to do Ghost Patrol: no A.C., windows down, drive 10mph, and stop in cul de sacs for 10-15 minutes at a time, idling, to conserve fuel.

So... On a day it stormed earlier (and may storm again later), at 85°F, 74% humidity, partly cloudy, I'm sitting in a vehicle, windows down, a.c. off, bugs slowly filling the car, while douche-mcgee sits in the guard shack with 70°F a.c., watching youtube and grumbling cause the A.C. keeps numbing his fingertips and the end of his nose.....

I... Am not amused. Two days in a row god has sought to smite me. Whatever I did, I was sorry yesterday. I'm sorry today. And I really loathe that boy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect