Duck, Duck, Duck, SCAM!

SO I'm trying to sell this mattress set, Queen $100 right...

Been up for a while so I'm rather happy when I repost it this morning and get an email hit.
Alan Fisher *dve2@operamail.com Is it available for sale?
*me AT gmail.com Yes! Gimme a call & we'll work out when.
Alan Fisher *alanissfisher@wikizplc.com *Note the email changes*
Hello,

Thanks for the response... I'm okay with the condition and price of the item and ready for its purchase. My form of payment will be by sending you Check via UPS next day air delivery.

I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the movers fee will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location after check has been cashed as I have other properties to be moved alongside the item.

And secondly , Kindly delete the posting as am definitely buying it from you and it would be sad for me to have the payment in the mail only to be informed of the its sale.I will also wait for you to cash the check before i have my mover come for pick up.

Would have love to come over for viewing but I'm afraid that might not be possible due to my work frame. If you have more pics please send so I can have a good look. Do get back to me with your full name and address (not p.o box) including your cell and land number so I can make out payment.Also am deaf and will like to be contacted via email

Regards
Thanks

O_o Ok, so he's either a deaf guy from another country who for some reason can't leave the house and is willing to spend a stupid amount on moving a used mattress and boxspring.. OR.... /google's the second email address/
 "Did you get a call from 301-741-4870? Read the posts below to find out details about this number"
Bunches of emails. The name changes but the copy paste reads the same and the @wikizplc.com stays the same. So I cheerfully replied
Thanks for the scam attempt. If you hear any real people looking for a bed, send them my way.
/wave 

Sigh. I really wanted to sell that bed, too.

Comments

  1. I just had the same experience from a bed I had for sale on craigs list.

    From Janet Cole asking

    "Is this still up for sale? Kindly do let me know

    Thanks"

    I responded Yes to the email:
    to: Janet Cole
    date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM

    and then received an email from
    from: Janet Cole
    reply-to: janetiscole@wikizplc.com
    to: stan.-
    date: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the exact same email yesterday. As a rule, i accept only cash from craigslist. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received the same e-mail for a coffee table I posted. The name and address are the same. I knew something was fishy about this! Thanks for posting this information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fdhtr54@operamail.como Janet Cole same here for a mattress...some people are truely crazy...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect