School, Stitchery, Shburritos... O_o

So it's been a wee bit, let's throw some day up :)

TLDR? ---Hey! You can skip to a summary at the end :P---

Last night I went to bed a little late, say, 2:30am or so. Not a big problem, I don't get up til 7:30, 5 hours is doable. Unless the cat wakes you every hour the hour. I swear I was ready to punt her. Scratching the fan first, and then I was sleeping so lightly that just her scratching the cardboard scratcher woke me, twice! I slept through the 7:30 alarm, and the 7:15 back-up alarm. I woke up to it going on at 9:15... I jumped out of bed, into my shoes, and out the door. Somehow, by the grace of god, I made it to school on time (with ten minutes to spare!).

Then... It started.
First is always roll: he looks at you, and even if you're staring him in the face, if you don't say "HERE!" he'll mark you absent. So he called my name this morning and I yelled "Good MORNING!" all cheery and crud :D When he pulled up the powerpoint for the day he noticed he hadn't actually put it up on the class website for us to download. So, after he muddles around to get it uploaded, he sends 4 of us to the computer lab to print off copies for the whole class /grrrr. After waiting on the slow school network to let us in we get 12 copies, 8 pages each (6 slides per) printed. Ever notice how on a laser printer they start to streak and fade when they get hot? Yea... half the things weren't even legible. Ugh, back to class to muddle through him reading the slides off the wall (cause he doesn't prepare for class, at all. He has no idea what those slides say until he puts them on the wall.)

I DID find out my grade on exam 4, 47/65. Which after the curve became 104%. WOO! That kills the other grades, making my B the drop grade. Overall in lecture is now 97.7!! EE! I of course bought myself a celebratory DQ Blizzard. The Flavor of the Month, Peanut Buster Bar (no peanuts). Not bad.

Hit up the Walmart for some groceries (sigh, chores).

Went to pick up my Bernina pedal from Loving Stitches (only Bernina repairman for miles.) Instead of replacing the whole pedal (Rook chewed through the cord) and charge me 185$, he was able to just order the cord and install it internally, for 38$! YAY! I did browse around and pick up some swatches, they call them "Fat Squares." Since I'd never been there for buying I finally saw the downstairs bargain bins. I didn't go too crazy, only picked up 4 "Fat Squares" (which I know to be less than a yard of the stuff.) When I checked out however.. I wish I would have been paying a leeetle more attention. $76.78?? 38.05 for the pedal... 3 Fat Squares at 2.75, 1 discount square at 1.50, chalk pencil 1.40, tape measure 1.00, zomg 7.00 for a thing of PUSH PINS? How did I not notice that. Oh ant 15$ for labor. I knew the labor would be extra, I DIDN'T think to check the pins to make sure they were stupid expensive O_O;; ((omg look at the super-cute purple one with birds, fish, and leaves! That was the discount swatch too! ^_^))

I didn't want to buy scissors from them because they only have a really nice (expensive) set, so I hit up the Joanne's on the way home. Snagged a 4 set of decent scissors for $5, 2 yards of flannel (the Green and Purple cloudy) for a liner, and Fred. >.> I don't know why he's named Fred. According to my scheme he should be Joanne.. but I picked him up and he looked disgruntled, and I thought "Fred!".

Brought my groceries and toys in and set to making BURRITOS!! I get all OCD about stuff when I portion, but it comes out to 8 burritos at 1.62 per burrito, 330 cals per, 58fat (some of it good!), 38 carb, 22 protein, and 1084 sodium. Inexpensive and yummy! Plus I get the joy of being all OCD when I cook them.

97/3 Lean Turkey - 1lb.
1/4 Vidalia Onion, diced.
1/2 block Reduced Fat Borden Sharp Cheddar - cubed.
1 packet Taco seasoning.
1 can fat free refried beans.
1/2 can Green enchilada sauce.
8 Whole Wheat 8" tortillas :) Mmmmm.

Saute onion, add turkey til brown, add seasoning til mixed. 1/4 cup beans down the center of the tortilla, 1/8c enchilada sauce over that, 1/3 cup turkey mixture over that. Fold, baggie. Allow all to cool to room temperature, freeze. Mmmmmm burritos ON DEMAND for the next week!

Took my last online Statistics test... and got 100%. 20/20 :) Open book of course, but they all are, and this is my first 100! It raises my test grades to 79% (I missed a test early on :( 0's suck to factor in.
She also put my project grade up, and I got... 100% ^_^ Oh yea, doin good today.

Nutrition test however... Check it out, I took it 3 days ago and got 87.8%. You can take it twice, but when I tried the school server died and it booted me out of the test and I couldn't get back in. Today I was able to get back in and take my second try. 3 days later, verifying all my answering out of the book this time instead of going from memory, and I got... 87.8%.. What? How is that even possible?? O_o

-----------------SUMMARY-------------------
Grades:
A&P Lab Exam 4: 104%. Overall now: 97.7.
Stats test #6: 100%.
Stats Project #6: 100%.
Nutrition Test Take 1 (and take 2??) 87.8%.

Stitch:
Picked up fixed Bernina pedal (38 repair+15 labor=$52O_O
ZOMG swatches to play with!!

Welcome to the Owlery: Fred!

Mmmm I made BURRITOS!! (recipe included)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect