Saving the World... One Game at a Time

Yar, so, I can only donate so much money... BUT I can always donate time I'm usually wasting ANYWAY!

Through Facebook I have been able to (supposedly) plant trees, feed hungry, and stuff teddy bears :P

Save the Planet - by CoolAps
Play a game, earn "Lunch Money", "donate" to different things. I'm working on Cancer, then moving on. However my Child Abuse is high because you can invite other people to donate with you, and you GET the $L they want you to be able to donate.

Your Personal Contributions
748
milligrams of teddy bear stuffing (Give Teddy Bears to Abused Children)
546 milliseconds of cancer research
1 grains of rice for the hungry
1 square feet of the rainforest

EarthKeepers - by Timberland
7 Trees Full Grown! (WeyrCat)
*Whether these are the trees they actually plant, I don't know. You are given random "seeds."
"Plant a virtual tree and give seeds to your friends! For each tree grown to adulthood, we will plant a real tree in a deforested area of the world. 613,300 trees have already been grown to adulthood! "
In this game, you plant a tree, water other peoples' trees, and for each tree grown to full height (about 3-4 waters) they plant a Real Tree.

Adopt-a-Rainforest -
Square Feet Saved: 2.0
I think they do the Planting trees thing because it's cheaper than giving to cancer, O_o or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect