090103 +3.1, Recipe: Pulled Pork Sandwich

FitSum: +3.1m 31:11 (10:04 miles). Pedometer: 1750.
Total miles to 100: 97/100!!

We don't drink very much, my husband and I, but in the 10 days around Christmas and New Years we definitely put some away. We decided to take January off from any alcohol. Based on what I read on the Liver Saving effects of artichokes I've decided to make them a good part of our diet this month as well. Almost like making January "Love your Liver" month!

The other night we had Pulled Pork Sandwiches on whole wheat buns. Its terribly easy, packed full of protein, and has a wonderful pineapple sweetness! We also had Spinach & Artichoke dip with our MultiGrain chips. SO good!

Recipe: Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches
From Taste of Home, Slow Cooker recipe cards

Ingredients:

1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3lb), trimmed
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
3 tbs all-purpose flour
8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
1 can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained

1) In a large skillet, brown roast in oil over medium-high hear. Cut in half, place in a 5-qt slow cooker. Add the onion, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hour or until meat is tender.

2) Remove roast; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.

3) Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun; top with a slice of pineapple.




(11:38pm) Oi.. though work at All American on a Saturday is slow (gaining me only 1750 steps,) the standing is painful. Pretty much every ache I've gained over the months of running hurt all at once at the end of my day, and then we ran our own 5k. We had to scream home, throw our gear on, and get into the lil gym before 9:30 (when the alarm sets.) We ran (painfully, as I took my stupid cayenne before we left) and then our leaving set the motion sensor alarm off. Oh well :P Who closes the gym at 9:30 anyway? I wanted to get home, and ice bath (first time really) but I had just taken naproxen and ran, so we aimed to wait 30 minutes. I stretched, ate, and here it is hours later, just before bed :P

+3.1 miles puts me at 97 miles. Supposed to have a 2 mile tomorrow, which is ACHINGLY close to my 100mile mark. Monday I have off, and Tuesday I run my first 4 miler since that magic day when I somehow ran 45 minutes and 4 miles on a treadmill, and only stopped cause I thought I should go check on my hubby.

- From WeyrCat's Treo...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect