Film: HP6, Puss in Boots,

Finally saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (HP6). Note: there's a tiny spoiler in the review, but it's not really a review, mainly a canon-snob rant. I really enjoyed the movie, though I don't like what they left out slash added. 

I ignore little changes here and there (they make the story shallower, but sometimes it's the only way to make it all fit into a movie script) AND I can understand tossing in small sensational items if you think the theatre crowd hasn't been shocked in a while, BUT THE BURROW???? ARE YOU MAD?? Couldn't toss in Fenrir and Bellatrix and call it a scare tactic, you had to BURN THE BURROW???? ON WHAT PLANET do you think that's ok???? Note: It's not a terrible spoiler as I hear that the burrow doesn't burn down and is shown in the 7th movies, which is a darn good thing since, to the readers, it's kind of important in the last book. I talked about this with a friend of mine and she commented "google said its because "there wasn't enough action." They took Peeves out in all of the movies :'(" As I said, I forgive them leaving out some ghosts and other bits that, really, only people READING their lives would grok, since so much of it is mental and doesn't translate well. But THAT'S why they would have thought "not enough action": they couldn't put in the LOADS of MENTAL action, the turmoil of Harry going obsessive and the finer points of the breach between Hermione and Ron. They even WAY oversimplified the Ginny situation in the movie. BUT now I'm going on and on heh. Can't help it, kind of a canon snob. Ok, done ranting.


Watched Puss in Boots (the Shrek spin-off). LOVED it. Although, the egg was really, really, creepy ("always there" flashback montage, anyone?. By the way, how many movies is that for Bandaras and Hayak now? O_o Anyway, it was great! :D Nothing after the credits, fyi.

As the rest of the series, it's meant to be enjoyable enough for kids to watch but a lot of the jokes are adult-oriented (but not dirty). Although, Puss does call himself a lover of women, a fantastic lover, "it's really ridiculous" how good a lover he is, apparently. That was really the only blatant reference to it, the others are masked. I have to admit it wasn't all I'd hoped it would be, but it was great. I think I'm just creeped out by the egg. O_O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect