Movie: Iron Man; I loved it!

O_O
Finally got to see Iron Man. I know, I know...

I think I held my breath through most of it. Fantastic. Absolutely loved it. Maybe a little too much.
It wasn't one of the comics I got to read growing up so I have no canon to contend with, and got to simply enjoy:
A. Robert Downey Jr (who makes a fantastic Sherlock) portray one hot-diggity-damn Tony Stark.
B: JARVIS! I'm sorry, but that's Paul Bettany in there, and I love that guy. Have since he was Dr. Stephen Maturin, Surgeon, Naturalist, in "Master and Commander: Far Side of the World".
C: Stan Lee as Hugh Heffner (rock on).
D: I have to admit that the original mask Stark fabricates makes me want to watch Rocketeer. :P
E: Pepper Potts. She's pretty much a superhero on her own. What do you have to do to be the "administrative assistant" to a guy that brilliant? I want to see her resume and transcripts. I love her character!

One problem: Each time Iron Man gets chucked to the ground from a couple floors up, at greater than the speed of gravity (by the way), not once does he turn to jelly. Seriously. What kind of shock absorption material is he padding the inside of that suit with? Crash-lands hard to enough to end up waist deep in desert sand, but only injures his shoulder. Stop defying the laws of physics with your non-alien superhero! He's one I like because he's a brainiac, not a fairy!

Pepper Potts:
Picks up dry-cleaning, takes out the trash.

PS. OMG OMG OMG! This is why you stay for the credits (HUSBAND)!

Loved it. Adored it. I'd rewind and watch it again if I didn't have other Avenger movies to catch up on.

Rrrrrrawr.
I'm aware this isn't the most constructive post, but it did give me an excuse to be all fan-girl for a moment. And it's my blog darn it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect