Finally: Thor (2011). I love it!

By adding this photo of Thor aka Hemsworth's cut
body, I doubled the traffic on this post. :P
Watching it was like a series of revelations...
  • DUDE! Prince Charming (from once Upon a Time) is the cavalier. Rawr.
  • Aaaaaand of course. They red shirt him. Scratch that, healed. Turns out he's "Fandral". Also turns out he's based on Errol Flynn. I like him already ;)
  • OMG HAWKEYE (I knew it. As soon as the hands didn't choose the sniper rifle.)
  • Lawl. "Is that one of Stark's?" :D
  • Oh, please tell me chucking Volstagg was an homage to LotR's dwarf tossing...
  • Aaaaaad that's why you stay for the goodies after the credits :D
Thor was another comic I had zero contact with growing up. I assigned red-shirt status to the gorgeous cavalier because I didn't hear him have a name when Thor was remembering glories in the Hall. Turns out I just missed it. His wiki (because even superheros have wiki's!) says that Stan Lee based his personality on the persona Errol Flynn had in public. Totally has an unfair advantage over the other characters already.

The movie was awesome. I loved it. Even though the gear looked WAY plasticy. I really liked Loki's character. Yea yea, a little snivelly butt kissing here and there, but he's bangarang in a melee! Tom Hiddleston's a cutie pie too!

Josh Dallas will NOT be reprising Fandral due to scheduling conflicts with Once Upon a Time. Which makes me a sad kitty. Ah so. At least we can watch him buckle swashes there too.
No really! When Coulson called for a gunman, and the hands skipped the rifle for the bow hanging surreptitiously among the other weapons, I suppressed a little butterfly that it might be Hawkeye. I have no particular fondness for him, just his method of whacking. I am a lover of those who buckle swashes and have a good hard wood...bow.
Sorry. Bad archery joke.
I had to add this one; how could you NOT love this shot/scene. Makes me giggle.
Okay, done hero worshiping (lawl) for now.
I'm catching up on the pre-Avengers movies and trying to watch them in order.
Already watched Hulk (2003) and Iron Man, and Captain America is next! WEEE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect