5k+1.8k

So this morning Hubby and I ran a 5k. I've been very lazy about running, and figured that having a goal, a run to do, would get me back into it. Boy was I wrong. Still, we went out to the race today, me praying all last night and this morning it would be frozen over from yesterday's rain so I wouldn't have to run it.
By the time we started running I'm pretty sure husband was tired of listening to me whine hehe. My toes were numb for the entire first mile! I hate the way the cold burns my lungs.. maybe I'm just not a winter runner. As we approached the tiny sign for mile two I was warmer, but had been praying for some time that someone had misplaced the '2' sign and that the next mile marker I saw would be the '3'. I was suckin... We didn't find the 3... but we did find the '5'. We'd basically just started following the people we came upon, as we passed 4-5 people a ways back. Either way they were headed to the end... juuuust on the 10k route we later decided. I've never wanted to quit a race so bad in my short lil life. The last bit we ran past the finish chute, up a hill that has no business being at the END of the race, when my knees felt like grapefruit, and the only thing that kept me from falling forward in a heap was... god knows what. We finished at 47:26, terrible for a 5k, but I'm alrigh
t with it for a 6.8k hehe. We hung around to drink coffee and wait for the feeling to return in my chest. Hopped the bus and came back to jump in the car and race home. After an awesome raspberry pancake breakfast (husband's reward to me for not falling out) I'm working a 12hour shift and the second suckiest point. BUT have a good Sgt, a decent coworker, and am relubricating my joints with the coffee Hubby sent me to work with.
For the first race I've done since... good lord, the Jingle Bell Jog last year? Like... 2008 last year? I'm pretty happy with myself. Or will be when it stops hurting.

-Closing this blog out, because a run like that means so much to me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect