(X) Visiting Home

4.06am June08
Wouldn't you know it: In California I fall asleep only half covered with a fan blowing on me after in an unnaturally cool and rainy May, and I'm sitting here on my parent's couch in Arizona, freezing in June. Oh sure, the days are warm enough, (still kinda springish, not sweltering yet) but still, it's not normal to be this cold lol. Darn swamp cooler does better than I remember it lol, or maybe it's just the constant blowing into the living room splashing right onto my little couch hehe.

Today was a pretty good day. Almost a waste of a day I did so little, but it was nice that way. Oh I can do nothin in Cali too lol, but it's the change of scenery that makes the nothing more substantial >wink<. I asked to be woke about 8-10, and I think Mom tried once and then went to do her Wikki work, so I slept until I woke around noon. I piddled around watching cartoons with Jeremy and then hopped on Dad's com to tell George that I loved and missed him. Dad fixed the DSL so I could get it on my computer and I rushed to do my dailies (Neopets and Bolt) while talking to George. Tyler came over and we had some of my sister's Crock Pot Stew (delicious I tell you.) While all that sounds like I did very little, it was nice to be doing it here. I missed cartoons with Jeremy (Even though he still watches Pokemon and some show where a kid is a superhero called Static. But I like Neopets, so I guess I'm the pot today.)

When Tyler kidnapped me we wandered over to a Net Cafe (a gaming place lol) where we played Unreal Tournament 2oo4 with the guys (I wasn't doing too shabby with that Lightning Gun. I had myself a Killing Spree, a "Rage" and even one Head Shot lol.) We also played a Nam map for Battledfield 1942, and I really prefer Half Life's Day of Defeat mod instead. I never seem to like the Battlefield ones, maybe the maps are too big, but I have trouble finding people to kill, and getting used to how things work. Although, if there's one thing that I wish that the Half Life mod did, its the Microphone speech to the other players. They probably do somehow... It was fun though. We also watched the guys do a little DDR (I didn't join in since it's been awhile and I didn't want to make myself look like a fool lol.)

After the place closed we hung out in front of it and shot the bull lol. It was really nice just to hang out in the obligitory Parking Lot Circle and chat and joke and just relax. I know they're kind of bored of it cause they do it all the time, but like I mentioned earlier: Doing something not so exciting can be wonderfully relzxing when it's in a change of setting. So it was nice. :) Plus the guys are really fun to talk to. They remind me of my own Group in high school (granted a couple of the guys ARE from my group in hs, lol. The other people are Group-Like group from DV (eeewww Skyhawks...) After that we went to Ray's Pizza and munched while chatting about anime, movies, books, Garrick's Guide for the Metrosexual (we all question Garrick...) and caught a lil of whatever was on the TVs lol. Once again when the place closed we hung around and chatted until we got a call from DB saying that his car broke down and we rushed to help lol. We rushed to his aide lol, and then chatted for a while in front of the 7-11 he had pushed his car in front of lol. (I called my dad to give DB some advice on what might be going on) and we all decided through our cross interests that we'd sometime this week hang out at DB's house and watch Garrick's Hellsing. A vampire anime that I've been meaning to get around to watching. I really can't wait lol. I love movie nights!

So tomorrow Mom and I are supposed to hang out. It will be fun. I miss my mom when I'm in California. I know that nothign really happens here at home and that if there was a major change somehow that I'd be notified, but there's something about not seeing your mom or dad or siblings for 6 months that kinda makes you miss the humdrum normalcy of their presence and daily goings-ons. I'm weird I know. It's funny listening to Zach talk about how he can't wait to get out of Arizona, and here I am shelling out cash all the time to come back to it lol. Granted it is for the people, but also for the life. We live in such a small place out there that there doesn't seem to be the resources that there is out here. Oh sure, there's a net game place (I've never been in it, I don't know anyone out there to play with!) And there is a great lil movie theatre, and even a whole chain of places to eat. But it feels less active somehow...

Anyway, I'm babbling. I'm tired lol, and I miss George. I also miss all the files i left on my computer, that I THOUGHT I had moved onto my usb key but apparently didn't. SO, I can upload what I have, except that the parts I don't have are the pages that will get readers to the parts I DO have. So I've messed up the index of my webpage for a week lol. Nothing new Readers, right? ;) I'll just continue updating the bits I have, and maybe when I can get back and get it all uploaded it will start looking like a real website again lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect