Review: The Green Lantern/Green Arrow Collection, Vol. 2


The Green Lantern/Green Arrow Collection, Vol. 2
The Green Lantern/Green Arrow Collection, Vol. 2 by Dennis O'Neil

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



A little cheesey, a little preachy (Isaac, the green terrorist), and definitely a direct continuation of volume 1. I'd heard about the Speedy issue but hadn't read it. It was... pushed a little hard but I understand why. It's a good story and I think it was done pretty well. Losing the kid from the mob was... a little heart-wrenching. I didn't like the "Earthquake beware my power" (when we meet John Stewart, Green Lantern). It's supposed to be this story about how differences aren't negatives and one man's manner of doing things can be just as effective as another man's, but it just comes off as annoying. I don't LIKE Stewart. Hal's all "Your style turned me off" but it seems to be no problem, like figuring out the shooter in the end makes up for the fact that he's a blatant racist! You don't get to be racist towards racists and still have high-ground. Maybe it's intentional and he grows later, I don't care, it's an annoying story tool and I didn't like it. Ps. Hal destroying his GIRLFRIEND's nine-million dollar aircraft because it's an ecological bad-idea.. yeaaaaaaa. No way.

I did really like Ollie's mistake. Not the mistake of course, but that it happened and that he went to deal with it in the way he did, though his prejudiced reluctance to take up the bow again is a little much, in my opinion. It's ok, all's well ends well.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect