Chm: Xm2, lab, salt crystals.

We take a break from our regularly scheduled chemistry to bring you... chemistry.

We got our grades back from Exam 2. We were given 15 more minutes, 5 less questions, and even though I was not able to finish doing problems for the last chapter (curse you illness and subsequent malaise) I managed an 84% on it. Not the A I always hope for, but more along the lines of what I expect. The class average was a 60%, so the alteration did do the class some good... raised the average by a whole 8%. Must keep plowing forward though, I can still make an A in the class if I boogie-oogie.

So far, still high 40's (out of 50) on my lab reports. Today brings my grade in lab to 95%, though I think there's a "drop" which makes it a wee higher. Doing better in lab than in lecture is NOT something I expect from myself in chemistry. O_o

Some coolness in lab today: Someone grew crystals in a beaker! It was surely by accident: someone left salt in the beaker when we did the "cold" lab (adding salt lowers the freezing temperature of the water) and then cooked it today on the hotplate. Everything you need to grow salt crystals! It looked super cool so I snapped some shots of it.






By the way, can I mention how much I love the tiny Erlenmeyer flask? OH and the tiny beaker. And the tiny graduated cylinder. They're just... so... cool. Look, I put the little purple Fe(NO3)3+HCl+NaOH test tube in the tiny flask, and it makes it extra cute.

I meant to get a pic of the "set", but I forgot apparently. So here's one I stole borrowed from the internet.
It's like a kid's tiny tea-set, but way cooler.
OMG it's only 14$!!!

I must go now.. for chemistry stuff... yea...


PS: Had an awesome time when I took Hubby to his 311 concert. I'd heard 3 songs before (our of their 1.5 hr set) and two I'd heard a line from the chorus before, maybe in a movie? Still, it was a lot of fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect