Woodpeckers and the World (lite).

Welcome to Sunday, when I avoid studying at work by collecting what's been on my brain this week and shoving it into the internet in one cohesive bloggy time-capsule!

The highlight is a woodpecker. THE woodpecker. The one I kept getting awful blurry photos of last year because he wouldn't sit still.
Then, magic of all magics, THERE WERE TWO. Two woodpeckers. 
I'm so excited... and I just can't hide it... dan dan daaaaan.....No really. I'm pretty gleeful about this. :)
There've been scrub jays all over today too, but they don't sit still very long and I've an older camera. The kind that still has a 1GB XD card. For casual uses it's a darn trooper.

In actually life updates there is little: I register for classes tomorrow and will hopefully get what I'm planning on. We're coming to the end of the semester and it's getting busy again, but it's nothing that some ice cream can't fix.

And NO. I didn't see Hunger Games. I'd like to read it first, and I'm behind on everything I wanted to read. I'm a couple episodes behind in Once Upon a Time, but we did see Immortals. While I wanted to punch the writers in the face once or twice ("Here... I have the amazing power of prophecy and could use it to save our bacon a few more times, but I'd rather give it up for one roll in the hay!" Are you freaking kidding me?) Otherwise it was pretty fun action wise. But yea, a little... pansier than I was expecting. Rockin bow though.

-----------------------------------------------

Dinner this week was "Mexi-Chicken stuffed peppers". I couldn't find stuffed peppers with anything besides ground beef (or turkey) in them, so I modified a Cuban black bean recipe I found in Taste of Home Feb2011 and added seasoned, broiled, shredded chicken breasts.

Makes 6 servings at 245 calories each. (I forgot the bag of corn that would make them 360 each).



*365 Mild Green Chiles Whole Can 4oz, 1 serving
*Pepper - Yellow Bell (Raw, chopped) 1 Pepper, 4 oz
*Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
*Peppers, sweet red and green, fresh, 6 large (2-1/4 per lb, approx 3-3/4"
*Bush’s Black Bean (Reduced Sodium), 1 can
*Chicken Breast, no skin, 3 breast, bone and skin removed
*Taco seasoning
*Garlic (minced or crushed)
*2 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
* 3/4 tsp salt substitute
* 1/4c of chicken broth or tap water.

-Season chicken breast halves with taco seasoning and broil.
-Meanwhile, in a skillet saute onions and diced yellow pepper until tender. Add garlic, sugar, salt, and liquid.
-Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thickened.
-Prepare peppers: cut the top off, and clean out the seeds. You may want to trim the "heart" down.
-Shred broiled chicken and mix with bean mixture. Fill 6 peppers with the mixture, and bake one hour at 350 F.
Top with shredded cheese if desired (and it always is, but it isn't included in the above calories!
-----------------------------------------------

I think that's about it for this week... just school school school. My birthday's coming up, btw. And I DO have an amazon wishlist.... I wish more people did, it's be easier to get far away people gifts.
I don't play WoW anymore due to time constraints, but this would be a great reason to resume playing! :D
Just think.. a purple cat flying around on a purple cat... Oh yea...
Draenor... Jaeletha... just in case. >.>


OH, and I reactivated my Pinterest account. Horrible... I know.


I'll try not to wax so political this post; I think I was inundating the internetz with all that bad mojo.

I will give you:
This Creepy App Isn’t Just Stalking Women Without Their Knowledge, It’s A Wake-Up Call About Facebook Privacy [Update] | Cult of Mac Which talks about how not understanding online privacy (or lack thereof) can be a very scary and dangerous thing. Not just when it comes to being stalked, but if you haven't thought about someone watching your "check ins" or public feed to know when you're away from the house, they can, and they can then use that opportunity to rob you, kidnap you, etc.
Report: Facebook Denies That It Read Users' Text Messages [UPDATED] The creepiest part of this is "YouTube can remotely access and operate a smartphone's camera, security experts told the Times". I'm going to stop bringing my phone into the bathroom/bedroom with me. >.>
Real-time U.S. wind map has gone viral Just what it says, from Earth Science. Really neat.

For something highly entertaining I recommend Amazing Light-Up TRON Dance Routine (embedded below).


Amazing Light-Up TRON Dance Routine - Watch More Funny Videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect