Review: Mockingjay


Mockingjay
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Though I liked it, I didn't like it as much as I liked the second one. I know now what bothers me about the books, but explaining it would contain spoilers and I think it's more the personal dynamic I have with the characters as a reader. The story is a good one. It's engaging, fast paced. Slightly predictable in some areas, surprising in others. It's hard to get the hitch I have, so I may reread the series and try to see the aspect in a different light. I cried, a little, and was angry, a little, and these are wonderful, but I had a hard time celebrating triumphs. Slightly frustrating.

Something about it,
the mockingjay's brokenness.
I just don't like her.

I cried, was angry,
reveled, but couldn't connect.
It's just baffling.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect