Its like a Rollercoaster... +Pennsic Pilgrimage!

(Reposted from my SparkPeople.com blog)

So on the 17th at work I logged 6820 Steps (around a barricade) for 2.55. Grain of salt included. I did this by calculating how many steps it took me to get around said barricade (28avg {28, 27, 39}) and then counted how many times I walked around it. I gifted myself 1 rotation each time I had to process a car (I walk around the car, like its a barricade.) I did not get extra steps for big vehicles, but I didn't take away for smaller vehicles either. It was a neat mind numbing way to focus on walking. I didn't know I'd gone that far (I was hoping to make 2640 steps for my Mile!) until I calced it on a break I had. I have a good pedometer on the way (I lost the cheapy lil one I had last year.) >

I also worked out the points system for my Pilgrimage to Pennsic :D I'm WAY behind already. Hubby's new schedule is kind of causing us to be terrible night owls (been up til 4am these last two nights) which is TERRIBLE for wanting to get up and work out. Though, he's at the gym now; I need to eat and have my morning digestion uninterrupted lol. I'll do a bit later since I'll have the car today. I'll post how Pennsic works at the end of the blog ^_^

I'm thinking of throwing out all the little things I can grab that are left over from before we slammed into healthy eating in January (the bag of chips in the cupboard.) I can't throw away the popcorn... I ate it all yesterday. omg yes, I ate the rest of the entire bag O_O ...and it was a big bag too. Just, depressed lately.  I pigged out yesterday. It was our scheduled Cheat Day anyway, so we went to breakfast at Ihop and I had a 1400 cal stuffed french toast combo (omg so good). But jacked up the rest of the day when I spent the rest of the day playing video games instead of working or studying, forgot to eat lunch, ate dinner too soon, and then made cheese-stuffed shells in alfredo around 2am cause I was hungry again (aaaand we stayed up til 4am). Dear... lord. 3700 cals yesterday. /faints.

Ok, the Pennsic Pilgrimage.

I have a problem with short term goals. I set great longterm goals, but then don't work to achieve them. (Bit me in the butt the other day . Nothing like already being angry that you're fightin with you're hubby, than to discover your ex's fiance, who reminds you terribly too much of you, just ran YOUR 13.1 half marathon. Before you did. Omg... I thought (not seriously) about killing myself. Or at least mope about it all day.) ANYWAY.
It's 546 miles between me and Pennsic. I walk a mile in 2640 steps (based on my avg.female 2" stride.) It's 1,441,440 steps to get to Pennsic from my house :D
I'd have to walk 7354.29 steps a day, or 2.8mi a day to get there in 196 days (from Jan15, to July30 opening weekend).

Thinking that the average person works to make up their 2000 steps a day, I worked out a bonus system. Aside from wanting to workout I want to be fit and remember little things like to "drink 8oz of water a day" and "eat 5 fruits and veggies" etc. SO, being unlikely to walk 2.8miles a day I worked out a Bonus Step system.

Steps per Day: 2640.
Bonus steps (2970 total)
--Morning Vitamins: 330 steps.
--Afternoon Vitamins: 330 steps.
--8oz H2O: 660 steps.
--+4oz (for 12oz total!): 165 steps.
--5 Fruits & Veggies: 660 steps.
--Teeeeth! BFRT: 660 steps.
--President's Challenge: 165 steps.

2640+2970=5610, 2.125miles. This leaves me 1740steps short for the day, 12180steps short per week, equaling 4.725 MILES short per week. These miles can be made up by running, more walking, elliptical, or cardio bike (although I think the cardio bike miles might have to be cut in half. You can look at a cardio bike and go 5 miles on accident.)

As long as I do the things in my daily life that I need to remember to do, and workout/cardio 2-3x a week, I'll make Pennsic easy! If I forget things in the day, I'll need to work harder to make up for it. I don't "lose" if I don't get there on time, but it makes a neat way of getting there.

Now, the MINI GOALS! This is what will keep me going.
Along the path to Pennsic are all the Baronies, Shires, Cantons in between. A lady in my SCA Sparkers Team on Sparkpeople.com came up with the Walk to Pennsic thing as a way to get herself going. The part that really made it awesome was that she awards herself something for each Region she goes through :D Me being all about badges, I'm thinking a small (digital for now) Device of the group I trod through :D My first goal is Nimenfeld, Barony of Windmaster's Hill (the Barony I'm currently shipwrecked in.)

I still need to get a lil HTML up for it, I LOVE making little pages. I'm thinking, that because I love it I might need to make it part of the first mini goal. I'm a weeee bit behind. I don't have that pedometer yet so I'm lacking at least a mile a day. Throw in that I've been evil lazy the last two days and you have a disaster. It's all right, it's totally saveable :D

*The sweet lil bonus about this, is I might actually get to GO to Pennsic! My first Pennsic... We can't go to Estrella because of School.. I doubt we'll really get to go to Pennsic what with moving, finding jobs, and inserting ourselves in the schools in that area, but it's a nice dream to hold on to. :D

HONOR BEFORE VICTORY!
Julianna Wylkyns aka The WeyrCat :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect