Road Trip: Pro-Life Billboards

So 3 times since the FL state-line I've seen this billboard w/a fetus quoting "My heart's beating 18 days after conception." Raising a skeptical eyebrow I had to look it up. According to SCIENCE those cells aren't a fetus til the 9th week after fertilization (13th week if you count the 4weeks prior; which I assume is ovulation etc.)

9weeks. Waaaay longer than 18 days. The heart is present at the 11th week, but only minimally functional (it beats for Practice more than survival.)

SO. Be ProLife all you like, but for criminitely get your facts straight so you don't look so stupid.

And less billboards plex. They distract from my scenery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_circulation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect