Florida, Day 2.

Slept sooo long. I must have passed out around 10pm. I only woke up once, to some odd night bird that sounded like a woman wailing. I almost woke Hubby up so he could tell me I was nuts and just go back to sleep. When I did finally get back to sleep I slept off and on til about 7am when Shane was on his way home. (Sexy man let me sleep while he went to work his big and strong muscles.) He ALSO then made me breakfast. Hmm, maybe I should soak up this bein sick :P

We picked up Granma Irma and ran an errand or two. I love runnin her around: she's sweet and so funny! Very quick on the draw.

We stopped off to see Hubby's old boss on Sanibel Island (which costs 6bucks just to cross the bridge.)

(P) The Ding Darling Refuge was wonderful. We didn't get to see any alligators, but there were so many birds! Got pictures of fish, a turtle, spiders, and lizards. Was beautiful!

Irma says she has Mexican Ducks. When asked to explain she says "First day one duck comes, and I feed him. Next day, two come. Then they bring their whole family!" I love her :D

We did have to spend a bit of time backtracking on the way home... I lost Barnabas. He was the first Owl I ever got, a lil white barn owl finger puppet whom I wanted to spend this vacation with. I had him tucked in my pocket and at some point he fell out. We checked everwhere but the gift shop at Ding Darling (which is at the beginning of the trail where we stopped to bathroom and get my Patch.) I didn't even think to check there until we were almost home. I called and left the gift shop a message, but no dice so far. I'll replace him (as I did when I lost Muir almost the same way) and then he"ll he home bound. I can't seem to keep a leash on my owls :(

We spent the rest of the day running errands, and the night hanging out with Deb and Joey. Deb made an awesome dinner, during which I got to try her Cucumber Salad. I'll have to make it again sometime :D

To bed, and tomorrow, Disney ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect