090713 WSI

This one we get all the time when people recognize us: "Weren't you at the other point yesterday?"
There are 13 entry point to Fort Bragg.

Complimentary Insult: "Aren't you too cute to work here? You don't look tough at all!" O_o

This happens a lot actually: Short, fat, Army wife drives through the gate with her three rugrats in the backseat; hands me her spouse ID card. I also get the driver's license for the guy in the passenger seat: a NC DL. After checking the name of her sponsor on her Spouse card, and the name on his ID, he is decidedly NOT her husband. What makes this one so special, is that as she drives away, there's one of those yellow ribbon magnets on the butt of her car stating "Proud Army Wife." Dear lord.

I also tend to go window shopping while I work. Things I saw today that I wanted to check out:
Purple plaid tank top from Charlotte Russe.
Purple feather-print wallet from Forever21
A sunken ship in Florida called the Atosh (with pirate treasure! Gent came through wearing the dubloon-style coin as a pendant.)

This looooong week has been and continues to be long. Last paycheck ended out with 88 regular hours (80+8holiday), and 29.25 overtime hours. This week should only have 4OT, but tomorrow I'm standin on the corner, hopefully not in the rain, watchin the cars go by for 8 hours. I are tired.

More stuff for the day:
Gent drives up and asks where the carwash is. Seems a fellow started washing his car at a light for 5 bucks, but when he gave him the money, the guy ran away and left soap on his hood!! The scoundrel. O_o

We usually get a lot of Church spam on the point, various people trying to Save us, or just increase the congregation. Today instead, I got Mary Kay spam. I asked a car later, "Do I LOOK like I give a shit about makeup?" Well, if we ask the lady who said I didn't look tough.. maybe.

I also heard some of the worst lyrics ever, and boy do we hear a lot. Ok, it might be the second worst, the first I think shoul never be forced on anyone. Today's: I f* her til she falls asleep, then I go through her purse. Take more than just a tasty Sprite to quench my thirst.
-Ok, so, she's what, fallin asleep from boredom of your bad performance? And then he steals from her purse!? Jesus I hate these people.

Aaaaaand I've decided against whining about Sgt.S... Mr Bynum has given me good advice, and I'll heed and share that instead.

"Don't let any man steal your joy. He's just ignorant, and you can't help that, but don't let it anger you either."

Sage words from a man who listed all the colors of women he had while travelling the world :P

Ok. Off I go.
Also need to fix the auto-sync. Doesn't seem to SEND the mail I drop in the outbox :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect