Review: Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1


Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1
Mercy Thompson: Moon Called, Volume 1 by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



The graphical novel felt only half-completed. Not the story; I'm aware it's Volume 1. I mean that the characters and line felt half written. As if it's the idea for a story arc that wasn't really fleshed out well. I've just finished the prequel Homecoming, and I think nothing came between the two, but it feels like there's a gap that isn't explained. You know how some backstory is brushed through so you have an idea about who the character is and what they're doing there etc, well I don't find that in this one. A few lines here and there that seem poorly connected.

Still don't like the art. Feels like rotoscoped SIMS models. I'll finish Volume 2, since I have it, but plan on reading the first novel anyway. I'm hoping that whatever feels incomplete here is present in the novel. Homecoming peaked my interest in the character; I hope the book Moon Called delivers where the graphical adaption doesn't.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

Classroom Architect

School, Geekery, and Science!