2013 July Summary! (And Mars).

I got A's in both Geology and 'Environment and Society', which, in addition to my 3 A's from the beginning of summer, give me a 4.0 semester for five classes! I was exempted from my Environment Final (because I got 102% on the first midterm, 110% on the second, and 100% on both my papers). I didn't know they could do that, but I'm certainly happy about it!

EDIT UPDATE : I got a letter from the university telling me I earned President's Honor List for my 4.0! WOOHOO!

I'm registered for Fall, and that will be the end of my curriculum. I'll graduate when I finish the 6-Month independent teaching in Spring!

I'm currently studying for my last teaching certification, the Biology 6-12. I took the pretest and got a 70% on it (pre-studying) and 70% is the lowest passing percentage. I take the exam in a couple weeks and plan to knock it out of the park.


Future plans:
Study and pass the GRE during Fall. Apply to Master's program at end of Curriculum (Fall). Transition straight from Bachelors to Masters. BAM.

Still running about three times a week. Started a yoga program to help with the ITBS (get flexible, less knee pain, go figure).

Other than that, reading every chance I get in between studying! Aaaand mourning the soon-end of Black Swamp Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream at my local store. Booooo.

I did discover that on GoogleEarth you can explore Mars (and Luna, our moon). There's even excerpts from the "Traveler's Guide to Mars" with geological and historical information about the area. I've visited Curiosity, and I'm off to find Spirit! (The rovers from all countries are listed, so you can fly right to them and see their scans!) I spend a good couple of hours exploring Mars and flying around Earth Panoramas of the Grand Canyon and the Maya Pyramids, thanks to AirPano! You can upload their panoramas straight into the Google Earth. It's wonderful!

Speaking of Mars, I’ve been sending you “postcards” from Mars to the Curiosity Rover! If you become a member of http://mars.nasa.gov/ you can send a postcard to Spirit rover too!

AND EVEN MORE MARS! Mars Explorer Barbie is the “Career of the Year” Barbie for 2013, and I totally want one. "This adventuresome Barbie also comes with a little cardboard Curiosity Rover, with touches of pink and purple added to it...." - TheMarySue.
Ok. That's pretty much my life up 'til now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

School, Geekery, and Science!

Classroom Architect