Review: The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet


The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet
The Man Who Planted Trees: Lost Groves, Champion Trees, and an Urgent Plan to Save the Planet by Jim Robbins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I've never read a book that made me so desire to become either a forester or a druid. There's a bit of mystic woo in the book, I'll admit, between a near-death-experience and tree spirits, but the project itself is sound. Between chapters about the project and the trees being cloned are chapters with research and information on everything from climate change to the role of trees in history. People who are curious or enraptured by the research can find the sources in the appendix! I borrowed this from the library but will be getting a copy for my home/school library as well. Just, wonderful book.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect