"Deep" "Minimalist" wardrobe planning.

So. I dislike my closet full of crap I don't wear, like, etc. Some of it I feel guilty for buying and then not liking. Some of it doesn't fit anymore or is ratty but I'm sentimental for it (my Bad Kitty pajamas, that Temper tore to shreds, that Husband wants me to throw away because they're all ratty....)

I know I probably need to get some clothes that fit. Most of my clothes are thrift. I LOVE thrift. But that means that the jeans I've been able to find for my short self and motorcycle mama thighs don't really fit well. I murder belts with the fervor of middle age despot.

I've heard of this "color palette" thing that supposed to tell you what colors you look good (or awful) in. Some things I know: wearing gold makes me look a little green, etc. Here's an "analysis" from http://www.colorenalysis.com/ that (based on my selections on what colors I am) say I'm "deep."

If Deep is your dominant color characteristic, your strong coloring demands deep shades of beautiful colors and can be worn with bright or light ones for contrast or with a combination of other dark hues. Stay away from pastels. The softest shades of the color spectrum will only make you appear tired and washed out. Instead of a light shade of pink, opt instead for 
a vibrant purple or lime green.

COLOR INTENSITY: Medium to deep shades, some brights
BEST NEUTRALS: Black or dark brown
WHITE OR IVORY: Both
BEST SHOE AND PURSE COLOR: Black


POP COLORS:
Pop colors are those colors that make you look amazing no matter what! These are the colors that you'll want to wear with your neutrals to accent your wardrobe or wear alone to look your absolute best. Every woman should know what her POP colors are! Not only should you build your wardrobe around the colors that flatter you, but you can experiment using them in your living spaces too.

BEST MAKEUP SHADES FOR DEEPS:
Browns, neutrals, berries
A PERSONAL TOUCH FOR ACCURACY:
One of the ways I ensure the online ColorEnalysis is accurate is by giving you, when you purchase a set of swatches, an opportunity to email me your photo so I can personally confirm your analysis.

I have found there are color variances between the many different monitors, settings and computers which may affect the accuracy and outcome of the online color analysis particularly for those determined with Cool or Clear characteristics. Even though this variance may not necessarily affect your analysis and that the ColorEnalysis site is over 93 percent correct, I would still like to invite you to receive a personal touch by allowing me to look at your picture myself and confirm the color analysis.

WANT MORE COLOR INFO?
Information on Hair Advice, Accessories, What to Stay Away From, the Truth About Black, and What Are Your POP Colors?

With your own set of Color Swatches you'll always know the exact colors that are in your wardrobe and the colors that make you look great. All 36 fabric colors have been hand selected for your Deep characteristics personally by Shari.
I also found THIS! which actually lists a lot of "classic" clothing items that mix and match well. I have a few that work for me in the same respect.
http://specialsections.suntimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/8881245-555/classic-a-primer-on-style-that-never-goes-out-of-style.html


Top 10 classic musts for every wardrobe: 
1. A crisp, well-fitted white oxford  I have a shorter sleeved one, and then a short-sleeved button up too!
2. Black cigarette pants Negative, Ghost Rider. I don't like skinny pants. Sewing my dark brown cargos maybe?
3. A trench coat Florida... 
4. A cashmere sweater (Land's End is a great resource for cashmere, both inexpensive and high-quality.) Once again, Florida. Plus, just not really a sweater person.
5. Black ballet flats Already shopping for to replace my green tennies.
6. Little black dress I have a fantabulous red knot dress, but I suppose an all purpose black would be good. 
7. Flattering pair of dark wash denim jeans Yep. Need. In a bad way. My jeans don't fit and show dirt bad.
8. A black pencil skirt I dunno I'm the shape for it. I have a red peasant skirt, but ONLY a white shirt looks good with it :(
9. A wrap dress (they're flattering on nearly every figure) I've wanted one, but what color??
10. Invest in one trendy piece per season which you can add to your classic wardrobe. I suck at this. :P


.
Hmmm more later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect