Review: Hook


Hook
Hook by Terry Brooks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I kind of expected a little more depth. Granted creative license and all, but the book felt... half. Like, instead of getting in the characters and trying to breathe more life into them (since a reader needs more than a watcher) he simply wrote the script in First Person. He did put a little more emotion in, but even Tink's Bigness feel dry. Booo.

In a reply to a similar review I posted:
Your review mirrors my feeling with one exception; Brooks' creative license left out certain thing I felt were vital (at least, because I grew up on the movie.) What's a paramecium? According to Brooks, a one celled organism with no brain.
Bzzzzzt. He chews up the best dialogue of the movie (for me). Btw.. it's a One celled critter with no brain, that CAN'T FLY.

Still manages to be a quick, okay read. I'm unsure how many of those 3/5 stars are riding on how much I loved the movie though.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect