Pretty good day, til socked in the jaw.

It's still a pretty good day. Though smiling about it kind of hurts.

-On the way to school Hubby and I watched a sloooooow one-manned vehicle get nicked by an unmarked car for driving in the carpool lane (YES!) Talk about satisfying. We cheered the rest of the way there. 
-While sleepy in chem I wrote all the notes by hand instead of referring to his printed notes (that he encourages us to bring.) I think the act of writing it helps me learn it, so I felt better about the material today.
-My German professorin decided she wanted all of us to take home and redo the homework we were turning in that day, because she wants it in complete sentences. While this may seem kind of crappy, I'd forgotten mine in my German folder at home.
-The chem TA I went to see said my pre-lab and flow chart were good, and hinted at where I could/should make it better. She did tell me to put in less detail on the flow chart, but the things she mentioned removing are actually vital, so I'll chock it up to her first semester as a TA (she told me so). I gave her some friendly tips on what my previous lab TA told us she isn't supposed to divulge (she asked, and I was kind enough to be honest.)
-The physics tutor turned out to be on duty when I showed up to ask about scheduling and I spent an hour getting a "what I need to know about trigonometry to pass Physics I" lesson. Guy was pretty cool. Liked my wedding ring and asked where I got it. I gave him the info (I LOVE turning people onto this ring!) and he commented on the Lady he thought would love it.
-I finished my online physics homework, with a LOT of outside help. How did I get so behind? It's ok. I plan to become a regular with the physics tutor after I read the material and have questions.
-On the way home, hubby and I watched sloooooow one-manned vehicle get nicked by a state-trooper that had someone else pulled over to the left side of the Interstate. Not joking. We lamented the guy in front of us (probably going slow in hopes of going unnoticed, as if that ever works,) and we both saw the Trooper see the car and TRACK it until we passed him. Eyes locked, his head swiveled with it. While Hubby and I were guffawing about the size of the black car's driver's cohones and/or brain, the Trooper came FLYING up the lane, lightbar going, and the black car attempted to slide into regular traffic (as they always do!) Trooper slid in behind him and coaxed him back out and over to the side of the road. OH MY DOG we were LAUGHING and LAUGHING! Twice! TWICE in one day we got to see those cell-phone-using, illegally-in-the-HOV-lane, SLOW-DRIVING people who ALWAYS seem to be in front of us, get pulled over. Wonderful.
-I discovered there were still Sprite Zeros hidden in the back of the fridge! (WEEEE!)

OW!
-Now, Rook did slam into my jaw with her rock hard skull while trying to get a ball, thus cause my glasses to fly off and chip at the bottom of each glass, while I spun around dizzy. I dropped to my knees and put my head and arms on the outside table until it passed. Hurts. Icing it, but it still feels the size of a golf ball. I also have a headache, and a minor toothache.
-I don't have any ice cream.
-OpenOffice chewed up the physics lab report I spent two hours on this weekend. I was able to correct the errors, but it took me about 20 minutes.
-I still have homework and studying to do.

So while it wasn't a perfect day, and I previously thought it was a GREAT day, the throbbing jaw and head encourage me to downgrade it to just a 'pretty good day.' Still... It was pretty good.

Some cool stuff for you:

The Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See It's a very logical argument and a demonstration of the logic puzzle that represents our few choices regarding global climate change (and the possibility that it's NOT happening) .I think everyone should watch it. Whether you think think global climate change is happening, not happening, human-caused, or naturally occurring. I encourage you to watch.



I know her videos aren't for everyone, but a good number of her videos are very funny to me. This one, I think, can appeal to a LOT. I think you'll like it!



This one's also rather amusing, in a "Hey! I identify with that!" sort of way. You either do these things, or know someone who does!
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-stupidest-habits-you-develop-growing-up-poor/

Also, my landlord just let the upstairs apartment out as a halfway house. So, I'm finally getting a pistol of my own. I kind of liked the Sig I was planning on a couple years ago, maybe in Rainbow to match my knife (why not make deadly, pretty?), but Hubby has a guy in his unit who's SWAT, a Prepper, and has a Deputy for a wife, so he asked his opinion. He honestly recommended the Ruger LCP. Such a tiny little thing. Maybe I can get the Distributor Exclusive. It looks like the plastic 'silver' cowboy toy guns I had when I was little!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect