Wonderful Day! Thrifting and time with Hubby

So today is my first real day of Spring Break. I tried to sleep in, but woke up after 8 hours anyway!
I did some quiet cleaning (I'm more relaxed when the house is clean) and set to pestering hubby after his alarm went off. We planned our week (glass bottom boat tour with Granma Irma tomorrow!) and headed out to thrift!

I got a variety of shorts and skirts (something I sorely needed after less than a year in FL with only AZ clothes, jeans pass in NC, but I wanted a little less lately...) I also got a gorgeous little red dress. I'm 27 and never owned one! My husband loves it, and at first told me I wasn't allowed to wear it outside the house! I can't wait to wear it on one of our date nights! We stopped off for the best Dairy Queen Blizzards we'd had in a while (TONS of cheesecake and chocolate, and at least half an inch to an inch over the rim. I seem to get jipped often, so this was fantastic!) We hit another thrift store and I begged my way into a mini-crock-pot (which I have to use within a month or it he gets rid of it hehe).

When we got home I settled in with a glass of port, checked my email, and discovered my bank card number had been charged 362.99 that I never spent. F#@$. I checked the bank and there were 6 other transactions I never made, but all under 100$ so BoA didn't notify me (I have my threshold at 100, 'cause I almost never spend more than that from my personal account). Called the bank, stopped the card. Talked to the Fraud Dept, and was told I have to wait for the transactions to clear before I can submit a claim, soooo call back tomorrow. I did learn that some of the charges were authorized through the PIN. Interesting since I don't actually KNOW the PIN. It's the one BoA sent me when I got the card. I promptly lost that. Six months ago (heh). She was very helpful though: told me if I called the companies who charged me they sometimes kill the charges themselves. Good plan....




-1.00 CHECKCARD 03/07 PAYPAL 4029357733 NE
-1.00 CHECKCARD 03/07 XOOM CORPORATION SAN FRANCISCO CA
-5.00 CHECKCARD 03/07 BB *PROCESSBYBLACKBAUD 866-992-3374 CA
-20.00 CHECKCARD 03/07 FS 877-327-8914 NE
-362.99 CHECKCARD 03/07 XOOM CORPORATION SAN FRANCISCO CA
-1.00 CHECKCARD 03/07 PAYPAL 4029357733 NE REVERSAL

So, I call in descending order of cost. I know the charges will be reversed to ME, but I don't want this person to get anything out of it. I dig up XOOM.

Xoom, an A+ reputable cash transfer site, was VERY helpful. She looked up the charge with my name and the card's last four, and sent me to Disputes. The lady at disputes apologized, found the charge, and said that it had been flagged and automatically cancelled. Sweet. (The 1.00 charge is the tester-charge, like what happens when you get gas.)

The 20.00 phone number goes to FastSpring, an online company selling digital commodities. I am forced to leave a detailed message, and send an email, explaining what happened and asking them to reverse/refuse/refund. I don't want this guy to get anything. Interesting: When you call their number, the automated system states: "If you have found a charge on your statement from us, and don't remember making it, please press 1." It then goes on to tell you that you probably just don't remember making the charge. BS, but I checked anyway. Nope.

The 5.00 is BlackBaud, a processing company who said he could not cancel the charges but gave me the information of the company that received the money: SIECUS, the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States. Someone DONATED 5.00 from a stolen card. Wtf? I was forced to e-mail them as well. Nothing against sex-ed, but I don't want this guy's will to be done.

The PayPal one has a partnered Reversal, meaning they sent the 1.00 tester, and something didn't sit right, so they cancelled the purchase/transfer and refunded the money. GLEE.

His will, undone. So far the only two things outstanding that I couldn't fix myself are the donation (which is actually a good cause, but if I'm going to donate $5.00 this month, it's going to be to NPR. If parents don't teach their kids about Sex-Ed, they deserve knocked up or STD ridden children.) Aaaaand the internet commodity. Ah well. Bank of America is so awesome, I have Zero Liability for fraudulent charges and would get all my cash back anyway, but since I don't know if BoA ends up taking the hit, I thought I could help. Plus, I really really don't want that guy to get anything his way.

What thief donates to Sex-Ed?

I am satisfied, on my second glass of Marsala, and soon on to bed. :) GLEE!


OH And I bought the beautiful amethyst/peridot necklace I wanted from Rainforest Site. $25 necklace for $8. GLEE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect