Obama, Con and Pro

Ok, so it's not a Con to me, and it's not really about HIM, but this article I found here (through the NoMee app) was about Arizona State University not giving Pres Obama an honorary Degree (as I guess most colleges are apt to do when the President of the US speaks there) instead, naming a scholarship after him.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iML-NzMK-CVENQUfaeLZITyyvZcA

Apparently, people are angry! They feel this is some slight against the "first black president". How about, they sited an 'insufficient body of work' and maybe they believed it. I'm FROM Arizona, and we have no shortage of Black People, as they are so wont to point out that the Pres is such. I'm not sure what a whole lot of racism would get a facility where White is not the Majority (it's actually probably Hispanic!)
"The scholarship program, which aids students with deep financial needs, will be renamed the President Barack Obama Scholars, the university said." - That to me is still an Honor :)
'The university's refusal to honor America's first black president with a degree triggered an outcry last week, with the school's newspaper begging officials to reconsider." - That to me is angry bias.

On a lighter note, my NoMee also told me about this article, where Pres Obama made Easter 'Green and Gay'.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/04/14/2009-04-14_1st_family_on_a_roll_host_green_easter_fest__and_make_it_gay_too.html

"The White House rolled out new "green," environmentally friendly souvenir eggs and invited gay parents." "Gay families were never invited by the Bush administration, but 100 couples and their kids crashed the celebration in 2006 to make a point." "And while the kids on the [Easter Egg Roll] course used plenty of real eggs, the wooden souvenirs to be taken home were packed in less paper and no plastic, making them "green.""

THIS article made me smile. :) Way to Go Pres!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect