Review: Suicide Squad, Vol. 1: Kicked in the Teeth

Suicide Squad, Vol. 1: Kicked in the Teeth Suicide Squad, Vol. 1: Kicked in the Teeth by Adam Glass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I like the art and colors. Harley's costume is a bit, well, impractical. Do you know how often you have to pull-up corsets if you do anything besides stand still? I can see wanting to update the harlequin suit, but this is a bit too far in the opposite direction for me.

I don't like that they changed her origin. Oh, every time they do it they change it just a little (it's been angling more in the Legitimate-Doctor direction, which I'm fine with) but Joker's new add-on takes away Harley's agency. Before she was batsh*t of her own accord, and though we see her a little batsh*t (a nice start, perhaps), I think Joker's push was unnecessary.

I like that the Squad dynamic gives the writers a way to cycle team members, so it gives them a nice way to keep the missions and team interactions fresh.

The last issue in this volume... is a nice cliffhanger, sorta, but I like closing out volumes with an issue having a definite wrap-up. And, it's almost a throw-away 'cliffhanger' anyway, because we KNOW the character is coming back. Meh. Either way, I still plan on reading the next volume at least.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect