Review: Blood Bound

Blood Bound Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The voice of this book, and the attitude of the main character, reminds me of why I loved the Kim Harrison Dead Witch Walking series. I do a little bit of eyerolling over the "all the males seems to love me" thread, but after reading Laurel K Hamilton for so long, it's tame by comparison.

I liked that the story had "two story villainy", where once the immediate threat was gone Mercy had to deal with the underlying cause. The first threat brings the action and intensity, and the second allows for non-boyfriend introspection and deliberate, planned, action that really builds character.

I borrowed the next audiobook from the library just 20 minutes after finishing this one, and am trying to convince myself to finish my other book before I start this one. I think, Mercy is going to win.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect