Year 31 - A Worthwhile Rollercoaster



Thank you EVERYONE that wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I tried to at least LIKE all the posts and reply to the messages. I had a final exam yesterday, and have been studying for others! (About to take a GIS final, actually).


My birthday was stressful, but good. Shane did a great job of spoiling me, even though he twisted his ankle the day before. Love is hobbling around the house to get your spouse ice cream. He got me sushi, and red velvet cake, and ice cream, (TWO, TWO KINDS OF ICE CREAM), and we cuddled up (with the animals) on the couch and watched movies (Husband even took Shmoosh's "petting" back, so no new scratches for me!). Woman in the Black Dress was great, though we agree that my explanation was better. In Bruges was darkly funny. Worth it. And then, because I still had time to make him suffer through anything, I made him, er, had him watch Wild Wild West with me. He'd never seen it! Nothing like watching a movie from your teens to perk you up!

"31" was rollercoaster year. I graduated. I lost my mom. I had an amazing internship with people I will now love forever! I got into grad school, with a tuition assistanceship (a scholarship, but I teach in return). I had my car totaled. I went home to visit my AZ family, and saw my brother for the first time in over 5 years! I got a 4.0 in my first semester of grad school. I went on my first cruise, to my first trip to the Western Caribbean. I took on WAY too much in the Spring semester of grad school, and badly stressed myself out. I was offered a research assistanceship for the summer (no more teaching, just being paid to do research), with my TAship transferred to another department (because I'm awesome, apparently). I won a Women Making Waves award at FAU. I don't think I'm getting a 4.0 this semester, but I should pass all my classes sufficiently.

Ridiculous year was ridiculous. And I thank each and every one of you for being a part of it. It would not have been the same journey without you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect