Review: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde


The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



For the story? Without rereading I can only give three. For the audiobook version by Digivox, read by Andrew Morely? 0. Flat 0.

The orator is so monotone and lacks the ability to pause between speakers that it's one long ramble. Excluding the third disc (The letter monologue) it's difficult to follow. I could glean the story and generally who was speaking but it was like following someone with a thick accent. I'll probably read it in print to fill in where I couldn't grasp the moment appropriately from listening. The story seemed great, but the delivery is poor.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect