The Island of Dr Moreau- H.G. Wells

The Island of Dr. MoreauThe Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book is really cool. I love the forward, a young man presenting the tale following as a an account written by his uncle who may have believed it really happened, (leaving the reader to feel... maybe it did!)



The story itself was also very cool. Wonderfully descriptive, yet not tiring about it. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll simply state that YOU should read it. :)



I must also mention how, to me, the Law felt like a reflection of Man and religion... an attempt to embody an unattainable Self, an attempt to hide or disown instincts and mentalities innate. It was probably on purpose, it was done so well.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect