Review: The Silent Sister


The Silent Sister
The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Disclaimer: I received this book from GoodReads.com as a First Reads novel. And I'm SO happy I did!

I read the last third (part three) in one go, and the only reason I didn't read the rest of it that way was because of real life time crunching. This book really was enthralling! The characters are well written and feel real. I didn't figure it out, which is a huge bonus.

I really liked the way the author bounces between two characters, but not until later in the book. Part 1 sets the scene and tone for the whole novel, and then Part 2 grabs you and refuses to let you go without finishing the book.

It has a bit of a soft ending, but a good ending. Not too predictable, as climaxes or wrap-ups go, and fit the story really well.

I'm so glad I got this book. I'd not heard of the author before and hope her other books are as good, because I need to pick a few up now!

(Must remember to cross-post review to Amazon when it's available October 2014. I'll set a calendar alarm!)



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect