2014 Great American Clean-Up

Last year for the Great American Clean-Up I did a beach clean-up. This year, I built a playground.

20140426 Great American Clean-Up:
Building a playground in Lake Worth!
(Click to embiggen.)
The city of Lake Worth got together with Highland Elementary and some other nice folks to put in a new playground behind a new fitness park! Americorps volunteers came out and we all found a huge pile of mulch and plastic barrier pieces next to a professionally constructed plastic and metal junglegym. We set up the plastic barrier and each took a turn sledgehammering in one of the stakes. It was fun to see everyone cheer each other on! Then came the hard work... the shoveling and hauling of mulch. For two and a half hours we shoveled and hauled. My partner was a young girl who worked harder than a lot of the adult volunteers. I never got her name, but she's basically my hero. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect