Updates: School and PT.

PHEW!
Not dead, just working on final projects. With six classes I have Critical Assignments in all but one of them, and most of them still have final exams. I've been a bit busy. Oddly it means that my "finals week" will be much less stressful than that of my husband. I'll take it! Right now he's supporting us (dinnerwise) and I'll again take up the mantle for his finals week.


I've still been getting a little fun done. Kinda. Enough that I've split it into smaller bloglets.


Here's just a few tidbits about my last few weeks.

Registered for summer; Four classes, 2 labs.
Registered for Fall; Five classes, one with weekly teaching component (need to apply for placement when that opens).

Don't pray for me, just send caffeine.

I finally jumped on the Instagram bandwagon. Once again I feel that little things aren't worth posting to my blog so I find otherwhere's to stick them. I must get over the idea that my blog must contain "important" things. http://instagram.com/weyrcat It's really only cool when I use the multi-photo app thing that let's me grid stuff.

I started a new Yoga program this week that totally showed me how awfully stiff I am.
Called Yin Yoga, this flow uses gravity for half of the set and has you stay in each pose for 2-3 minutes. I asked a yogi friend of mine to suggest some poses to help with hip area flexibility. The physical therapy I did for my ITB did pretty much nothing but hurt. I never made it to three miles again (running). I must do something. So, if flexibility and strength is the problem, this will definitely help solve it.
I'm way rusty (squeak). The top image shows how bad my butterfly pose is, even while being helped by gravity. the forward fold, 60 degrees. My splits? 80 degrees. I took these depressing photos so I can look back in a month and see progress, even if I can't run again yet. You can check out the yogi on Instagram, actually, YogiToes123. She has some videos up on YouTube, and you can find her Yin Yoga video there.


 I'm still trying to walk. Today I walked about 4 miles on flat sidewalk. I'd never survive that at the dog park. I celebrated with a more than compensatory sundae my husband made me. Yes, that's mint moose tracks ice cream over two dark chocolate chunk cookies slathered with Nutella. Insanity. Delicious, delicious insanity.
The walk was gorgeous. A humid day, but when you walk by the water there's a tiny breeze and the smell of the salt water and it just feel stereotypically "Florida". As in, this is what people imagine when they think of Florida. It's so rarely like this hehe. AND so little of Florida is like this!

That's all for now. Must hop off to bed. I'll post the rest (leisure time) tomorrow!
Here's some scops to hold you over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect