2013 January, in a nutshell

SO BUSY!
Ok, this year might be a "once a month" year!
I'm taking 18 credits (that's six classes) so I'm REALLY busy. My life is consumed with that shelf of books in the photo (and the two I added in because they're digital or weren't present).
One of the books I had to read for school was Longitude by Dava Sobel. Absolutely loved it. Story of John Harrison, the man who solved "the longitude problem" by designing a non-spring wound pocketwatch immune to the elements at sea, all while being hounded and harassed by astronomers. It's a riveting book and I really recommend it. I plan on stealing time to read a book by the same author on Galileo.

If you get really curious what I've been up to, I have a "teaching blog" now that I update for school every Sunday. Currently the articles are works I did for my Intro to Ed class last semester, but I think next week might be when this semesters posts start going up. Mainly informative pieces but some opinion pieces too. I plan on putting my book review up there too, since it was actually a major project!

I did find time to see Donizetti's Maria Stuarda in theatre via the MetHD system. They stream the opera live (capture it) and encore the capture to the theatres. So cool. I really like Joyce DiDonato as an actress and she made a wonderful Mary Stuart. The Elizabeth, written to be mannish and depressing, worked, so well.

I also "ran" a 5k. First 5k since the Spartan and my injury. I walked it but have run a little (0.6 is the farthest so far) but I'm trying to be gently on it since it's not arguing so much anymore. I missed a "run" today because it pinged at me Wednesday. Slow and steady.

I did see the Hobbit just before school started. OH. MY. GOD. RADAGAST. I love him. Love his rabbit sleigh. I had a little heart attack moment at the end because I'd forgotten it's only a third of the story. I thought something was wrong! Then they rolled credits and I was a little sad. Ah well. A whole year though. Very sad.
PS: What's with the beardless dwarves? The females have no beards, and what the heck Kili? What's wrong with your nose?? It's on... skinny and pointy, AND you have no beard?? Are you a half-dwarf? Are you adopted? It's ok, you can tell Auntie Weyrcat.
Two points for the dwarf bow though. Bangarang.

My FitBit. Oh, my FitBit. My hubby got me a FitBit One for Christmas and it is keeping me honest. It's a work in progress trying to understand it but it's really shed some light on my sleeping (I woke up 16 times??) and I love that it syncs to Sparkpeople. Made my first 15,000 steps of the year too. WEE!

So, working hard. Trying to get everything straightened out and in order. Trying to find time to spend with friends and family and that's all in getting the schoolwork done. By the way, don't look at the timestamp, officially I worked hard on school work then went to bed on time, and I definitely didn't have nacho dip and avocado for dinner. Nope. Not me.

OK, really, I must go to bed. I MISS YOU INTERNET!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect