Culture Drill: FAU Symphony Orchestra

SO. Hubby goes away to drill once a week and I get BORED. Bored bored bored. Sure, I get more homework done than usual, but I'm bored. SO. I've invented a new tradition for myself. Shane hates opera and classical music (though he is kind enough to go when dragged) so when he's gone I'm going to treat myself to a show!

This month, the local college orchestra is putting on a performance I'd love to see!
For the next two months I have two operas on DVD at the library scheduled to be held for me on the drill dates. I'd love to do another "Live at the MET in HD" but this way I can save my pennies and attend the opera in owl socks. WEE!

FAU Symphony Orchestra
My inaugural "Culture Drill" was a success! FAU Symphony Orchestra presented "Sabre Dance! Armenian, Austrian, & German Masterworks", with selections by Beethoven, Hayden, and a suite of dances from the ballet Gayane by Khachaturian. You know one of those dances: Sabre Dance! It was much fun!



While one of the dances was a really powerful piece (think organized explosions) I think my favorite piece was the Overture to Coriolanus by van Beethoven. The Haydn stuff was a little slow to me, but still pretty. Overall I'm so glad I went. I second-guessed myself right before I left (I DO have so much homework...) but I decided I didn't want to pass up this chance to have fun!





I can't wait for Culture Drill next month! WEE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect