Degree map in cloud form.

So, I make a lot lists and tables and whatnot. For everything. The most charted is probably my degree path. I decided to see what my degree looks like as a "cloud" or concept map, with the pre-requisites connecting the classes to the degree. I included the general education requirements, but not all the classes I took as gen-ed or pre-reqs at previous colleges that didn't transfer when I moved. It's still quite large. Classes with required labs are noted with an internal bubble. It's actually pretty cool looking. 

I ended up leaving the "professional" education courses in a single bubble. None of them seem to have any pre-reqs. Some teaching courses have required "observation hours" attached and are noted in the connecting arrow from the node to the degree map. The last semester of teaching-internship gets it's own bubble. I kind of wish I'd drawn something like it when I started, because it makes the weird tangle of pre-reqs in the science department a little clearer to follow. 

The huge block are my Teaching classes. They apparently have no pre-reqs!
Biodiversity and Bio Principles are neither co- nor pre-req'd to each other but several classes require both as  pre-reqs. I connected them and the pre-req arrows spawn from that joining. Two of the science courses are part of Gen-Ed, but begin the science chains (Chem1 and one of the BioDiv/Principles).

The Anatomy and Physiologies and Micro are classes that, currently, my school is not accepting as satisfying the A&P/Micro they have here. (Growl). I'm hoping that bringing the course information and syllabi directly to my advisor (now that I have one) will turn the tide.

That's really it. The whole post is about this map I made. But it's really cool. I thought about denoting which classes I've already taken but it would just be confusing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect