Weyrcat... Year 28.

I had my birthday right as Finals started, so I'm a little late in posting.
Husband took me out to The Cheesecake Factory, my first time, and it was fantastic. The dark brown bread is to die for, the chicken cashew salad is delicious, and the cheesecake... need I say it? Yes, yes, I must: Ah-mazing. He got a great shot of me beginning to devour the chocolate banana shake. MUWAHAHAHA! Too old for silliness I'm not.

I don't want to gloat about gifts too much, but I would like to point out the awesome owl earrings my mom sent me (wearing them in the photo). Husband got me a fantastic camera. This camera has some ridiculous zoom, and I was able to get a dragonfly 25 feet off the ground.... You can see the veins in its wing. I take it pretty much everywhere now!

I upload the photos to my DeviantArt (http://weyrcat.deviantart.com/gallery/) because it lets me keep the size and quality to a greater extent than Picasa.

The Dragonfly:
Dragonfly 120424 by ~WeyrCat on deviantART

The Butterfly and the Hornet:
 
Hornet attacks the Ruddy Daggerwing butterfly by ~WeyrCat on deviantART

This one, like most great pictures, was all luck. I was trying to get the butterfly and meanwhile there were these hornets trying to scare it out of the tree. I managed to get this shot of the hornet dive-bombing it!

 There are a bunch more of me learning to use the camera, Muscovy, a Blue Jay, mainly birds. /grin/

So... I'm 29 now. In my 28th year I...

-Ran an 8.1 mile trail obstacle course, the Super Spartan.
-Went on an 11.3 mile hike in Myakka Woods.
-Ran (at least) 24.4 miles (about 4 of it trail running) (in 2012). And started using [Fitocracy] to track my PT since I wasn't adequately using my 2011 training log. 
-Saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert with Husband and Irma!
-Read 33 books for fun.
-Got sucked back into Neopets (the Habitarium did it), and [Once Upon a Time] (I have a crush on Rumpelstiltskin).
-Went to see Enchanted Island by the Met (streamed to a local theatre)... and somehow forgot to blog about it! But it was AMAZING! [Offsite link to videos!]
-Went to the Ft. Lauderdale science museum 'Museum of Discovery and Science' and the AWESOME Palm Beach Zoo!
-And went to see Mozart's Don Giovanni. Ok, so that was before my last birthday, but just barely!
-Credits wise earned 31 As, 1 A-, and 4 B+, and am sitting at a 3.922 GPA

 I also started running again, hurt my knee in the Spartan, quit running again, and working on running again, moved again, and consistently worked (though I had to go down to part time).

My awesome husband has been making great strides in his own arena, and we are setting new goals for ourselves as individuals and as a couple. Tightening our belts, reaching farther, and having as much fun as possible along the way.

I think it's been a great way to spend the last 365 days of my life, and I can't wait to see what year 29 holds!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect