July11-17. Mangos, school, .. that's about it.

Not a very interesting week; hubby's playing Army so I feel like a single mom. Needy pets, 40hr job, two summer classes, AAAAHHH!

Mangogeddon continued and after freezing a bunch of tupperware full of mango I realized I was out of tupperware! I relocated the tupperware bricks into baggies and pulped what I had. I repeated the process later in the week with what had riped, and there are now 2-2cup bricks, 1-4cup brick, 4-1 mango baggies, 3-2 mango baggies, and 2-1 mango loaves of bread in the freezer. Three unripe mangos in the fridge, one in the fruit bowl. I'v thrown away a ridiculous amount of fruit in the last couple weeks, mainly because we have no way to harvest besides waiting for them to fall. I know some of our landlord's workers can climb up the tree or onto the roof, but I'm not risking broken bones for more of what I have a surplus of.

Took my first Bio Principles exam on Monday, got a 92%. Really happy about that. Offset it Friday (in my mind) by forgetting my iClicker for the first time in two years and, according to Murphy's law, our second 8 point quiz was given. This quiz is 20% of my quiz grade and I spent 30 minutes of class trying to hide that I was crying, and the rest of the two hours trying not to start up again. I'd had four hours of sleep and was hungry so I was not coping well. After class I tossed the gradescale and my grades into Excel and showed myself that the quiz meant so little in the grand scheme, that I still had a 96% and if I repeated my original Exam/Quiz grades the rest of the semester (92 and 75 respectively) I would still get a 90% in the class. I want an A, and I like the material, so I'm trying to dig in. Second exam Wednesday; such a short semester means quarter exams every 7-10 days.

I wish I'd understood about this summer A-B-C thing, because Prof wasn't kidding when he said we shouldn't be taking more than BioPrinciples at one time. I thought I was going to nail my Calc quiz but only got a 70%. Doesn't hurt my grade, due to drop tests, but gave an alarming view of where I really am. Exam Friday.

Trying to repump my motivation to run and work out. Been allowing myself to 'relax' in the middle of this courseload and I realized yesterday that I haven't really run since before we moved. I'm scared to run outside, alone, you see. It took me six months to work up the courage to run 0.5miles from our last house, and I think I only did it 'cause I was mad. However, I don't want to spend money on a gym membership again; I do not get my money's worth out of my here-and-there habits. I've paid an activity fee with the University allowing me to use their gym but it's like dodging poo... I commute, so my bag is kinda bulky. If I take gear for the gym I need the bigger, bulkier, bag and it doesn't fit in the locker. Did I mention they tried to kick me out of the gym for bringing my backpack onto the floor? The locks sold at the grocery store were BOGO free, so I did. If I have to split my crap into two lockers in order to run on the treadmill I've already paid rent for, so be it. I hope to maybe find/use the track once I get some distance back. I've resolidified my Short Term Goal of a 5k in the end of August or beginning of September, and am recommitting myself to the Disney Princess Marathon in February ... of say 2013. When I planned on the one only one year out, I got discouraged as it got closer and I wasn't making progress. So, plan FAR out, as a reward for finishing mini-goals and training.

There are many excuses, but I'm tired of looking at running as just 'one more thing I don't have time/energy/strength/ for. I can, and I'm gonna, gosh darn it!

Guess I had more to talk about than I thought!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect