Halloween 2010

Managed to get the day off for Halloween, though we weren't sure if we were going to get a lot of trick or treaters, being at the end of a cul de sac. Turns out it's even worse as we don't have a street light so our street is reaaaaaally dark. AND it's a Sunday night. Our only child was early, and he was the kid from across the street. Otherwise we had 4 groups of young teens, none of them with costumes. A group of young black girls (complete with the one in tail talking on the cell phone) took HUGE handfuls of candy. I swear they got a pound of candy between them. We only bought two bags, a combined four pounds. After the last group of teens, in the dark, I closed up shop.

We head to the store and saw tons of cute princesses and pirates on the streets, just not down our dark cul de sac. Boooo. I made the door all neat and bloody and murder scene like. I tried a "Skipper, the Country Club Killer Housewife".

Today I completely forgot to eat real food and ate soooo much candy that I made myself ill! Spent the rest of the night watchin' Bones (kinda dry, I know, but it's the job I wanted to do when I was younger. Too bad I realized it required a doctorate and couldn't afford it.)

PS: A quick dish on the dishes:
Breakfast: Baked Eyes (whole eggs, baked in biscuits), and Pumpkin Pancakes (oh what a disasterous recipe THAT was.)
Lunch: Mummy Dogs and Bloody Bandages. Well, more like Anaconda-attacking-dogs and I forgot the cabbage :P
Dinner: Bloody Birdie and WHO NEEDS VEGGIES! I stuffed the hen with cranberry sauce so it would bleed when I carved it. And yes, I forgot veggies all together. We ate lots of beans to make up for it. Cocoa beans. Or candies derived from them. LOOK OVER THERE!

Happy Samhain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect