WSI, Buckle Up Darnit!

Wsi: Lady comes to the gate without her ID, left it at the pharmacy. I give her directions to the processing gate but as I do her 2yr old son stands up and comes up next to her seat. "However Ma'am I cannot let you leave until he's buckled up."

Exasperated she turns to me "If YOU can get him buckled up, by all means. (a pause) So I just turn around?" "No Ma'am, he needs to be buckled up." "Where so I pull over to do that?" "You can drive anywhere until he is, so do it right now." She jumps out of her car, stomps to the other side all pissed off, looking at the SUV behind her. I look at him and feel that tiny niggling embarrassment I get from holding up traffic, but this is one thing I never budge on. She yells at the boy and he cries but she gets him buckled in. She looks at thw SUV and most exasperatedly yells "Sorry!" and stares daggers at me while I turn her around. I nod at the Suv as it goes by (another SO scanned him while waiting). Neely (the other SO) comes up to me and tells me that the guy in the SUV was ready to back me up 100%... He's an MP! That lil embarrassment was quenched and I walked to my break a lil puffed up: I'm glad I don't budge. It's not her life she's playing with. I hope her day goes better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect