Book Review: City of Pearl

As I sit here drinking my New Leaf Blue Tea, nibbling my non-fat yogurt, and thinking about how a little yoga would loosen up the soreness from thpose push-ups the other day, I try to decide if I'm a hippy lol.

--SPOILER ON BOOK 'CITY OF PEARL' FOLLOWS--

This book, City of Pearl, by Katie Traviss: Shan is an EnHaz (Environmental Hazard) officer from somewheres around 2100a.d.. She was about to retire with a homegrown breed of tomato, illegal since all strains of plant on Earth-That-Was is now patented and owned by a member of AgriCorp. She ends up launched on a mission against her Present Will (but completely willing based on a Subconcious Briefing she can only remember by trigger.) Her mission: to return to Earth with the complete Gene Bank of a lost ship that launched before the strains of E.T.W. were patented. Seen Disney's Treasure Planet? Something like that.

--END SPOILER--

My thoughts keep jumping to the bunches of seeds I have at home. All waiting for that "garden" I want. Or the lone Honeydew vine I grew in the desert backyard of Arizona; that vine had three small melons on it before Meisha ate them. I think about Shan, and her wanting to grow something, eat something pure and real. I wouldn't go so far as being a Vegetarian as she is, Gethes I be, but I Grok animals!

I don't know if I had a point. Maybe just Vine-Veined ramblings. But maybe I should find where I packed that Bonzai tree and plant it. At the wedding maybe? A new tree for a new life?

I was thinking of planting a tree for each year I've been alive too. Having one done each year, since my birthday is near Earth Day anyway. Thought about having a wee Trust fund left to my family so that every year on my birthday, til the fund runs out, another tree could be planted.

Vine-Veined Ramblings...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect