(X) Life & Poetry: Dawn,

July19, 2oo4 6.59am
I fell asleep around 1015 pm last night. I was totally wiped from not sleeping the night before. I woke up this morning at exactly 6am. When I went downstairs to get a glass of water I noticed how incredibly beautiful it was outside. I haven't see a dawn in ages. I sat down and watched as the clouds began to glow and the trees began to turn gold from the sun touching their tips, and it was just wonderful.
I had some of the hash browns and delicious Pototo and Spinich omelette I brought home from the breakfast place I went with Kimberly yesterday, and thought to myself "If morning's always included Potota and Spinach omelettes and dawn's like this, I could quickly become a morning person."

Outside the sliding glass door, on a web larger than an open manilla folder, hung the huge, delicate orange spider that I had once seen in the tree adjacent to the veranda. He sat directly in the center, no doubt hoping to snare early morning-not yet awake bugs or faeries. I took a picture of him against the morning sky, and captured the cool shape that he has, and then tried to get one of him, but he was a tiny glowing entity in the center of his enchanting web, and that's how the picture seems lol. The sun barely over the fence but making his carapace glow like a tiny gem in the center of his web. How beautiful the world is in the morning.
It was so beautiful that I had to write something. The first I've written in a while I think lol.

Dawn.

The trees and leaves sweetly clutching night
even as the tiny wisps of clouds glow orange.
Creatures slumber in their sweet repite
as the world begins to bloom before them.
Opening like a dew tipped flower,
the sky melts in hues of red.
Shifting to the lightest blues to
stir the sleeping from their beds.
Rays tease the leaves of standing tress
and they glow with life and awe.
What magic the sleeping defer,
this most beautiful of dawns.

I know its not that good lol. But the feeling I had when I wrote it, and the beauty I remember is why I like it. :)
Until a lil later rant, I bid you, Hasta. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

De Groote Museum

Classroom Architect