2020 January



1/11 The weather has been inconsistent and a lovely 65*F meant a much needed trip to The park. Hobbit rode his bike and we took Rook. While Rook was a Star (for every child under five) Hobbit did TWO new things at the park: climbed UP the slide, and climbed up the scary arch. (He did need a final hand up at the top, but he's never attempted it before!)



1/25 Glucose Tolerance Test...
After failing my one-hour test (155/135) I needed a three-hour test to determine if I have developed gestational diabetes. I fasted for the required 12 hours, and drank the 100g medicinally-orange sugar water they gave me. I'd sit in the office for three hours, giving a blood sample every hour.
I was warned not to sleep, exercise, drink water, or throw up. I thought the warning about throwing up was a bit unnecessary, but 30 minutes later it turned out to be a bit of a struggle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Trek Diplomas: All of them. I think.

School, Geekery, and Science!

Classroom Architect